The Duchess of Sussex is said to have ‘alarmed Buckingham Palace staff’ as she holds onto her own team from her days as an actor.
Meghan Markle will be using a Hollywood agent, lawyer and business manager, who are thought to be negotiating a children’s book deal for the 38-year-old.
But royal insiders have claimed that these sorts of deals would usually be handled ‘exclusively’ by palace staff.
Meghan, who went from Hollywood royalty to actual royalty when she married Prince Harry, is being advised by agent Nick Collins, business manager Andrew Meyer and attorney Rick Genow.
Buckingham Palace staff are said to be ‘alarmed’ at Meghan Markle’s choice to keep her Hollywood staff
Part of the team will include attorney Rick Genow (left) and agent Nick Collins (right)
Mr Collins previously worked for the Gersh Company, Meghan’s former talent agency, which also has celebrities such as Jamie Foxx on the books.
Speaking to The Sun, a source said: ‘He (Mr Collins) filters the deals and passes them on to Meghan.’
However a senior royal insider also said Meghan’s moves are ‘concerning’ the Palace and that her own team seems to have a big part in ‘ongoing projects’.
The source added that Meghan already thinks the book will be a hit.
Business manager Andrew Meyer (pictured above) is said to be advising Meghan Markle
Meghan Markle (pictured above with Prince Harry) is said to be working on a children’s book
‘As a full-time member of the Royal Family, it would be the expectation for that type of work to be exclusively handled by Palace staff who balance individual desire over what’s right for the wider institution.
‘It is clear she is wanting to keep surrounding herself with her Hollywood people. That wasn’t the expectation.’
It is also believed that the Duchess could spend some of her future time in the U.S.
A spokesperson for Buckingham Palace said: ‘Rick, Andrew and Nick have been legal, financial and business advisers to the Duchess for many years during her career in the US and remain friends.’
Earlier this week the Duchess also hired a top crisis PR firm that once represented Harvey Weinstein in a bid to improve her public image following a series of damaging controversies.
Harry and Meghan (pictured at a London film premiere July 14) have hired Sunshine Sachs amid publicity concerns
Weinstein (pictured) hired the firm as he faced allegations of groping a model in 2015
Meghan enlisted Hollywood heavyweights Sunshine Sachs amid concerns the public has turned on her in recent months.
In a significant break from royal protocol, the former actress has brought in the New York-based firm behind the back of Buckingham Palace’s own advisers.
Sunshine Sachs is among the US’s most prominent crisis management firms, but has been accused of employing ‘dark arts’ tactics to improve the image of its clients.
The firm will likely be tasked with rehabilitating the Duchess’s public persona in the wake of several high-profile controversies this summer.
The estate of Michael Jackson – who has been accused of abusing children – used the PR firm after the singer’s death
Both she and Prince Harry were roundly criticised for travelling in four private jets in just 11 days, despite preaching that citizens should do their bit for the environment.
Meghan’s image rebuild will fall into the hands of Sunshine Sachs, which represented disgraced movie mogul Weinstein in 2015 when he was accused of groping Ambra Battilana Gutierrez.
That year, the firm’s founder admitted hiring people to edit the Wikipedia pages of clients to remove negative comments, which is prohibited by the site’s terms.
In March this year it was also revealed that the Queen had asked one of her most loyal lieutenants to ‘keep an eye’ on ambitious Meghan and Harry.
She is said to have quietly appointed Sir Christopher Geidt as her Permanent Lord in Waiting. He resigned as her private secretary after an alleged palace coup two years ago.
Sir Christopher will work closely with the Duchess of Sussex at the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust, of which he is chairman. The Queen made Meghan vice-president of the organisation.
Prior to this it had also been revealed that Meghan was continuously losing staff.
Amy Pickerill (right) left the royal household after being handpicked for Meghan and Harry
Amy Pickerill, who was appointed as Meghan’s assistant private secretary just last year, left her post after the couple move to Frogmore Cottage in Windsor.
The move was a shock at the time as Amy was handpicked to work for Meghan and was tipped to succeed Samantha Cohen, who spent 17 years with the royals.
Meghan’s aides and their time with the Duchess
Amy Pickerall (pictured above) is the latest to step down
Since Meghan Markle joined the Royal family she has had three staff members step down.
Amy Pickerill was appointed as Meghan’s assistant last year and is now set to step down from the position.
Amy had helped Meghan transition from her role as royal-to-be, to her being a fully-fledged member of the family.
The assistant from Walton-on-Thames had always been by Meghan’s side, dutifully ready to collect cards and gifts that Meghan received during royal engagements. Part of her role was also to be in charge of the Duchess’s diary, as well as preparing her briefs ahead of every engagement.
Amy had held roles at the Royal Bank of Scotland before joining the royal family as a senior communications officer for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.
Samantha Cohen (pictured above) at Meghan and Harry’s wedding
In December it was revealed that long time staff member Samantha Cohen would be leaving Kensington Palace.
Samantha, who is originally from Australia said she would leave the royal household once the new baby had arrived.
She had previously worked as Queen Elizabeth II’s private secretary, but announced her resignation from that role in 2017 in order to join Meghan and Harry.
Meghan had hope to keep Samantha on her team permanently as she had previously advised her on the jump from Hollywood to royal life.
Samantha’s resignation was revealed as Meghan was bombarded by rumours that she was difficult to deal with.
Samantha was also in attendance at the Royal Wedding in May 2018 in St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle.
The couple had a guest list which featured both royal and famous faces.
Melissa Touabti (above) had previously worked for Robbie Williams
PA Melissa Touabti left six months after the Royal wedding and was key during the build up to the event.
The 39-year-old from France had previously worked for X Factor judges Robbie Williams and his wife Ayda Field, who she loved working for, according to friends.
It’s not known if Williams provided a reference for Melissa, but the singer and his wife, the fellow X Factor judge Ayda Field, enjoy close links to the Royal Family.
After Meghan’s PA quit, a Palace source was authorised to pay tribute to her and the role she played in helping organise Prince Harry and Meghan’s wedding.
‘Melissa is a hugely talented person,’ the source said. ‘She played a pivotal role in the success of the Royal Wedding and will be missed by everyone in the Royal Household.’