Talk about a fashion BOW pas! Jennifer Lopez leads the list of worst-dressed stars at the Golden Globes in a voluminous Valentino frock – while Gwyneth Paltrow misses the mark in a sheer brown gown
- The 77th Annual Golden Globes are being held on Sunday in Beverly Hills
- Nominee J-Lo, who is up for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Hustlers, suffered a rare style miss in a gold, green, and white floor-length Valentino dress
- The couture gown featured an enormous array of bows on the front of it, leaving the actress looking somewhat like a Christmas gift
- Gwyneth, 47, also made a fashion faux pas in a tacky brown dress that was completely sheer
- Cate Blanchett missed the mark in a garish yellow dress that looked as though it was inspired by an ensemble that would have been worn by Cleopatra
- Actress Blanca Blanco was one of the earliest outfit disappointments, wearing a lingerie-style dress that had a bizarre floor-length overlay on top of a tiny mini skirt
Jennifer Lopez is expected to be the big winner of the night at the 77th annual Golden Globes – but the Hustlers star suffered a rather unexpected fail before even making it into the ceremony thanks to her baffling ensemble.
The 50-year-old made quite the statement as she arrived at the event, looking not unlike an over-the-top Christmas gift in her green, white, and gold gown.
As if the color scheme wasn’t festive enough, the voluminous dress also featured an enormous array of bow embellishments on the front, leaving the star looking as though she was set to be placed under a Christmas tree – not up on stage accepting a Best Support Actress award.
Oh dear: Jennifer Lopez suffered a rare fashion flop at the Golden Globes in a bizarre bow-embellished gown
All wrapped up! J-Lo’s voluminous gold, green, and white Valentino dress left her looking like a Christmas gift that was waiting to be placed under the tree
Partners: The 50-year-old actress, who is nominated for her role in Hustlers, attended the award ceremony with her fiance Alex Rodriguez, who proudly accompanied her on the red carpet
Classic: Unlike Jennifer, A-Rod went with a more understated, traditional look for the evening, sticking with a sharp tuxedo
The bigger, the better? The dress featured not one, but two enormous bows – one of which had huge ribbons hanging down from the front of it
Despite the rather awkward fashion flop, Jennifer, who attended the award show with her fiance Alex Rodriguez, still managed to look incredibly glamorous thanks to her beautiful hair and makeup – and the incredible jewels dangling from her neck and ears.
Shocking in sheer: Gwyneth Paltrow’s see-through brown number left far too little to the imagination
Barely there: The 47-year-old’s dress exposed her bra and her underpants, and featured a number of unflattering ruffles
Green means go… back to your closet and change: Killing Eve star Jodie Comer joined J-Lo and Gwyneth at the top of the worst-dressed list in a billowing silk dress that swamped her frame
Cate: Queen of the Nile! Ms. Blanchett’s gown looked like something that would have once been worn by the Egyptian ruler
Tin Man? Lucy Boynton resembled the famed character from the Wizard of Oz when she arrived in a silver frock
Funky: Actress Blanca Blanco was one of the earliest arrivals – and unfortunately she kicked off the red carpet on a rather drab and dreary note, wearing a bizarre dress that was both a mini skirt and a full length frock in one
Terrible trousers: Both Sangita Patel (left) and Jeannie Mai (right) missed the style mark with their rather ill-fitting ensembles