4K rendering, higher anisotropy, improved reflections, improved object detail, and improved screen-space shadows all now available for the Xbox One X.
Ubisoft has announced a new update for The Division adds Xbox One X 4K Ultra HD optimization in addition to a number of other visual enhancements and new content.
Update 1.8.1 is available now on all platforms, bringing with it two new global events: Blackout – available at the end of April – and Onslaught – available at the end of May. Additionally, a number of tweaks and changes are being deployed in 1.8.1, namely the following:
- Increased drop rate for Classified Gear
- Legendary difficulty added for Amherst’s Apartment and Grand Central Station missions
- More than 40 new commendations
- Global Events offer new Classified Gear Set catches specific to each set
- Legendary Missions have 20% chance to reward Classified Gear
- Assignments provide more Division Tech
- Season Pass supply drop awards 100 Division Tech
- Bug fixes
Ubisoft has posted the complete 1.8.1 patch notes listing the Xbox One X visual enhancements, update details, and global event descriptions.
The Division recently received the massive, free 1.8 update containing an entirely new area and a ton of other improvements. The publisher also dropped The Division 2 announcement in early March, and confirmed it will be at E3 2018.